victory-patterns-studio

I moved into my studio last year after working from home. I love this little space,  It's really nice to get out of the house and have a cozy place to work. On the downside, I can't distract myself with episodes of The Wire. I loved a lot of things about working from home, but I really missed seeing people every day. I'm lucky to be surronded by so many creative and talented makers and artists in this space, which is really inspiring and helpful in giving me drive when I need it. I'll do a little post one day about all of the amazing work everyone else here does, because it's all super beautiful. But here's a little tour of my studio... it's usually much more messy!!

1. Kim:
    Nov 14, 2012 at 05:18 PM

Love your space! Noticed the yellow sewing book on the shelf by the window. Who is the author?

2. Michelle:
    Nov 14, 2012 at 06:01 PM

What a lovely space! And all that light - amazing. Which part of town is it located in? I'm on the hunt for a good space myself!

3. Faren:
    Nov 14, 2012 at 06:39 PM

Michelle, I have a studio space for rent on Geary Ave. if u r interested in seeing the space contact me at farentami@yahoo.ca

4. Adrienne:
    Nov 14, 2012 at 09:27 PM

Oh, how lovely! Your cozy space is amazing, and I may borrow your mason jar storage idea. I have my mum's old copy of that yellow order-a-chaper sewing binder, which I love. And you're really making me miss my old Toronto neighbourhood :-)

5. Kez:
    Nov 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Oh wow, I love it! Please come decorate my house for me!

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:34 PM

Thanks ladies!

Kim- It's called The Complete Family Sewing Book, editor: Cathi Hunt, published by Curtin Publications Inc, 1972. I can't seem to find an isbn number, but was able to track it down in the past on Ebay. It's such a great little book!

Michelle - The studio is at Dundas and Spadina. We're full at the moment, unfortunately. What kind of work do you do?

Adrienne - Mason jars are so handy! I find them all the time at Value Village. What was your old Toronto hood, and where are you living now?

Kez - That's so sweet of you! My mom think I'm crazy for collecting so much stuff. I'll tell her that someone out there appreciates it ;)

7. Ginger:
    Nov 17, 2012 at 04:46 AM

What a gorgeous studio! It looks like a great place to be inspired!

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Thanks Ginger, it's my favourite place to be!!

9. Kim:
    Jun 25, 2013 at 05:37 PM

Thanks for the response - I found it on Amazon and cannot wait to get it.