kris' simone dress

A little late, but happy New Year everyone! I couldn't be happier to say goodbye to 2012 and welcome this year in with open arms. It's already starting out really beautifully, I just feel so much brighter and I'm working on an exciting project that I can't tell you about just yet, but soon! I'd love to hear about amazing magical things that you have in store for this year.

Also, I just wanted to post about an interview that I did before Christmas with an awesome Toronto street style blog, Toronto Verve

Nigel, the man behind the camera, was such a sweetheart that I was willing to prance for him on my rooftop on a freezing cold winter day in little dresses, trying to think of the hot chocolate that I would have afterwards! Anyway, he took some lovely photos of some dresses that I made, and if you want to know at little, or a lot (im chatty!) more about me, you can read all about it here.

OK: So I'm starting to get really excited because soon I'm going to be able to start sketching up some ideas for new patterns. As you've probably figured out, I love my dresses. But I wanted to ask you if there's anything you'd like to see amoung the collection? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have a beautiful day!

xoxo

1. Julie:
    Jan 10, 2013 at 07:36 PM

Congrats on the profile, and on your exciting super-secret project! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your next release. I would love to see your take on a jacket or coat, or maybe a rad button up shirt-dress.

2. jess:
    Jan 10, 2013 at 09:59 PM

I read the interview and I love what you said at the end of the article:
    " if you’re passionate about something, then constantly put yourself in situations where you’re going to get inspired -- like I did with teaching sewing. If you do that, then you will find your path."
    As for the new collection, I really have no preference, I just want to "see" what Kristiann Boos will design next, to let your mind (and heart and soul) do their thing and invent "magic" ... Lol cheesy :p

Last but not least:
    Happy New Year!!! May the year brings you lots of wonderful opportunities, success and happiness ...

3. emily:
    Jan 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

don't worry about basics! I feel like there are enough people coming out with lovely basics and I really love seeing your very unique, fashion-forward stuff in with the mix. excited to see what you come up with next!

4. theperfectnose:
    Jan 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

That was a great interview. I loved the photos of you rockin' your patterns and can't wait to see what the surprise is that you're currently working on. Happy New Year and here's to many more of the same.

5. crystalpleats:
    Jan 11, 2013 at 07:18 AM

What a nice feature article and fantastic photos of you. It was a treat to see how you wear your own patterns. I agree with Emily. I look forward to your one-of-a-kind patterns and unique details. Dress patterns are the most fun to buy. I also really like blouse/top and skirt patterns..

6. Ginger:
    Jan 11, 2013 at 03:51 PM

I LOVED your interview and the photos of your outfits are just so amazing! I can't wait to see your new patterns! I really love that your last collection had patterns that worked as dresses or tops-- that makes them so versatile!

7. Marie:
    Jan 11, 2013 at 03:53 PM

What a great interview! It's fantastic getting to find out so much about your journey and you've come such a long way indeed! And your beautiful to boot ;o) Can't wait to see the new patterns later this year!

8. Salma:
    Jan 11, 2013 at 04:53 PM

Happy new year and awesome interview! I'd love to see some patterns for knit fabrics, too few out there and the ones that are sometimes look boring and frumpy to sew up. Good luck and I can't wait to see the new ones!

9. Petite Adventures:
    Jan 12, 2013 at 08:33 PM

Congratulations on such a fantastic profile!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

10. Lou:
    Jan 16, 2013 at 01:37 PM

I want to take this opportunity to tell you I love your patterns. I love the style and they are very well drafted.
    I'm a little sad I'll have to wait until fall to see the new patterns...
    Anyway, I'd love to see more patterns for fall/winter ( tops or dresses with long fitted sleeves to wear under a cardigan, jackets or coats) and I'm really looking forward to discovering your secret project...
    Wish you all the best.

11. Lucy :
    Jan 18, 2013 at 02:05 AM

That was a really nice interview. I would love to see your contemporary patterns. I think thats the great thing about making patterns in that people can interpret them how they want. I'm not so into the vintage look but found your 1st patterns initially after seeing some of the versions people had made that were a bit less vintagey styled (not that that is not a beautiful look...just not mine). I totally love your second collection, so go with what you want to do. If you love it then I think we will too. Hope you have a great 2013. Lucy p.s. I also found your patterns super well drafted and a great fit on me.

Jan 20, 2013 at 07:16 PM

I'm so glad you guys liked the profile! It was such an interesting experience being interviewed. I'm not used to talking about my business in such an in-depth way, but it was really nice to be able to express those things. Nigel pointed out that it seemed that my parents are a huge inspiration to me, which is something that hadn't really occurred to me before, but now it makes a lot of sense to me. It's nice to start to figure out where your ideas blossom form, because sometimes it feels like it's all over the map. Thanks for all your kind words and compliments. I really appreciate all of your input about the patterns and I think they're all great ideas. I'm sorry to keep you waiting so long for more patterns, but this one woman show is submerged with this "secret project"! Ha, I love that you've coined it with that name! I hope you'll be happy with it once I'm able to tell you about it.

x Kris

Jess- I love you "cheesy" comment. The more cheese the merrier, bring it on!! But really, such sweet words.