I'm really excited to be collaborating on an amazing sewing intensive workshop with Workroom Social in NYC in August. This class is designed to bring your sewing to a new level of amazing and to arm you with knowledge when approaching more advanced sewing projects.
The Advanced Sewing Techniques Intensive will teach you to sew a variety of challenging methods by creating technique samples. Students will see examples of each method in real clothes and discuss when and how they can use these techniques in sewing patterns. Students will create a resource notebook to take home for future reference.
If you're in the NY area and are wanting to improve knowledge your sewing skills, join me! It's going to a a fun and informative two day sewing vacation, taking place on August 4-5, from 10 am-6 pm. After this class you’ll start your weekend with lots of excitement to continue your sewing adventures!
- How to install single welt pockets.
- How to install a fly front zipper.
- How to install curved waistbands.
- How to install cuffs.
- How to sew a shirt sleeve placket.
- How to ease fabric.
- How to sew flat sleeves.
- How to sew set-in sleeves.
- How to install collars, both with and without stands.
- How to sew shirt neckline placket.
- How to sew a button down placket.
- How to sew a blind hem on a home sewing machine.
- Methods for stabilizing seams on both knit and woven fabrics.
- How to choose and use interfacings, interlinings, and underlinings.
- How to create better seams by reducing bulk. How to and when to grade seams.
- Lunch and treats both days.
- Handouts and other supporting materials.
- Use of studio equipment and tools. If you prefer to work on your own sewing machine, you are welcome to bring it. Students are responsible for purchasing their own supplies. Supply lists are emailed to enrolled students about two weeks before each class date.
Skills needed to take this class include…
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting sewing machines.
- Experience sewing straight and curved seams.
- Must know how to read and use sewing patterns to create clothing.
- Must know basic garment construction techniques and have experience sewing clothes.
- This class is designed for an intermediate level sewer.