* PDF patterns are delivered as zip file and are not supported by mobile devices. You may use a computer to unpack to file and send the instructions to yourself in order to view on a mobile device.
SAMARA is a relaxed, loose fit cardigan and robe that features drop shoulders, 7⁄8 length sleeves, square patch pockets, a neckband and a belt that can be tied at the waist.
Version 1 is a cardigan style with the hemline ending just below the hip.
Version 2 is a robe style with the hemline ending just below the knee. This style works great in both knit and woven fabrics and can be sewn on a serger or regular sewing machine.
The Samara cardigan is perfect for a cool day when made in a warm, cozy knit. The robe is beautiful in a lightweight woven fabric on a summer night worn as a light jacket over jeans and a simple T-shirt, or a dress.
Wear it with:
The Esther Pant
The Frances Shirt and Dress
Looking for tips on assembling a PDF pattern? Check out this helpful post.
See sizing chart below for details on measurements and fabric quantities.
There are several pattern file options for your convenience. Print the one which suits you best.
This PDF pattern includes...
- Full scale tiled PDF pattern formatted for both letter and A4 paper.
- Copy shop versions in both 36” and A0 format.
- Easy to follow, detailed instructions with lots of diagrams to assist you in sewing your project.
You will also find…
- Imperial and metric conversions.
- Full printing and assembly instructions for the tiled PDF.
- Printing permission letter for copy shop.
Pattern File Details:
- Tiled Pattern: The pattern comes in two files. If you desire to make the Cardigan only, you may print pages for that style. A second file is given, which includes both styles.
Cardigan - 36 pages
Cardigan & Robe combined - 44 Pages
- 36” Copy Shop Pattern: 1 page - 36” x 74” (92 cm x 188 cm)
- A0 Copy Shop Pattern: 2 pages
- Instruction Booklet: 14 pages
Sizing ChartSee Sizing Chart
Light to medium weight knits with medium to high drape and moderate stretch: Jersey knit,
French terry knit, sweater knits,
Woven: Light to medium weight fabric with a moderate to high drape: Rayon, silk, linen, tencel, challis, boiled wool.
Interfacing: Compatible with weight of fabric. For knits, tricot interfacing is recommended.