* PDF patterns are delivered as zip file and are not supported by mobile devices. You may use a computer to unpack to file and send the instructions to yourself in order to view on a mobile device.
Trina is a fusion between a classic wrap dress and a kimono. The cross over front bodice creates a V-neckline and features gathers above the bust. The kimono inspired sleeve is combined with raglan styling. At the sides, the bodice front overlaps the back, allowing the tie to exit and wrap around the natural waist.
Version 1: Create a tunic with the hemline ending just below the hip. The tie in this version is made with of a contrasting fabric.
Version 2: Create a dress with a hemline ending just below the knee. You may choose to line the skirt portion of this dress.
Easy construction: If you are a beginner, choose a stable fabric such as voile or double-gauze. Fine fabrics such as silk charmeuse adds a layer of difficulty to this pattern.
See sizing chart below for details on measurements and fabric quantities.
PDF pattern includes...
- Easy to follow, detailed instructions with lots of diagrams to assist you in sewing your project.
- Imperial and metric conversions
- Full scale tiled PDF pattern formatted for both letter and A4 paper
- Full printing and assembly instructions for the tiled PDF
- Copy shop versions in both 36” and A0 format
- Printing permission letter for copy shop
Pattern File Details:
There are several pattern file options for your convenience. Print the one which suits you best...
Instruction Booklet: 17 pages
Tiled Pattern: 56 pages
36” Copy Shop Pattern: 1 page with dimensions 36” x 109”
A0 Copy Shop Pattern: 3 pages
Sizing ChartSee Sizing Chart
SELF & CONTRAST: Light to mid-weight fabric with soft drape such as double gauze, voile, chiffon, georgette, charmeuse, crepe de chine, rayon challis.
LINING: Compatible with fabric such as bemberg or acetate lining.
Easy construction: If you are a beginner, choose a stable fabric such as voile or double-gauze. Fine fabrics such as silk charmeuse adds a layer of difficulty to this pattern and may be more appropriate for an intermediate sewer.